Monday, November 1, 2010

Hello Blog, Long time no See!

Yes, I know its been a while since the last time I blogged. Sorry. I have been busy with Fall festivals and decorating, and frankly relaxing a little bit and haven't gotten around to posting all the new things I have been up to.

I am working on some custom art pieces for sale, and my neighbor wants to do a consultation with me to go over design for their home. I'm not really big on doing residential design because I feel that its your home, and you can make it comfortable to your liking, because in the end, I will tell you how to make it beautiful and look amazing, but are you going to be able to live in it? or maintain it? Its a big departure from doing commercial spaces, but I enjoy it don't get me wrong..its just different. From the clientele to the project..its all different!

I am most likely going to do a digitally design board for her because to be honest, I am tired of doing design boards. I do them at work for our clients, and to me its a little bit of a waste of time. Everything is going digital, so why not design. I am still going to pull fabrics and paint colors and finish materials for the family to look at, because you cant beat the "real" deal right in front of you that you can touch and keep, and throw around the house to make sure you like it before taking the plunge.

Example:
This is what my upstairs Loft is going to look like when I get finished with it!! Woohoo!!



Well, seeing as though I have written a bit about whats coming up in my next few blogs, I hope you will stay tuned! 

No comments: