Monday, January 10, 2011

Copy Cat Update!

OK so if you have seen my post, "Sometimes-its-ok-to-be-copy-cat" then you will recognize the first project on the list has been completed.

I used the idea of the picture shown, an put my own spin on it. I actually went with the idea to make a "His" and "Hers" because I wanted some art for our combined closet. Our closet is shared, so space is limited, hence the reason for their size.

First I took ordinary gallery canvas that can be bought at almost any art store or craft supply, and sketched out with pencil the design for each.


Then I went to work cutting out various portions newspapers that are never read in my house!
(I had to ask my Aunt if she had any laying around because we never do!)

Then after cutting all the components, the assembly began! I used ModPodge and Elmer's.

This was the "His" in construction

Then after doing both the "his" and "hers" using the same method, here was the result!



I still need to glaze the fronts, I want to give them an antique/aged look, and paint the sides black. Other than that they are ready to hang! Keep on the look-out for the other projects I had on the list!

What do you think of the results?

2 comments:

Margaret@MissAdventures of Susie Homemaker said...

Very cute! Looks like it was pretty easy too!

Kendra Knowles said...

Very easy! I will have to post a photo of them on the wall!