Sunday, May 22, 2011

Fresh and New Bamboo!

For most of you, you know that I have had a big change happen in my life over the past few weeks. I don't want to go into detail about it, but I do want to thank everyone for all the prayers and thoughts regarding this matter. Please email me if you are not aware, but please no postings to the blog.
To get my mind off of some things, I am getting more excited as I start to feel the warmth of the summer sun approaching!! and it makes me itch for YARD SALES and the THRIFT STORES and AUCTIONS!!(actually, Ive never attended an auction, but would love to! ha!)

Recently while taking a trip to a local vintage store with my sis-in-law, I came across these beauties(or at least I thought they had lots of potential)!! They were a set and a great make-over project indeed.
 
Sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy, it was late at night when I took them in my garage.



Everywhere you look these days you see hints of bamboo in everything from dishes to light fixtures!
(I am on the look out for a light fixture as well!)




Original hardware, didn't make the final cut because it was broken on one, and missing on the other. I found cute replacements though =)
Here is the after................I absolutely love the way they turned out!








No comments: