Thursday, February 17, 2011

And so it BEGINS!!!

OK, the official start to the upstairs LOFT has begun! I am so excited I cant even tell you!

So, I have started by gathering some of the items and decor pieces that I want up in the upstairs attic space that I am calling the LOFT.

So far I have the light fixtures purchased, two lounge(over sized bean bags) and some accessories. I will need to save up for the other items as we get near the end. So for now I'm holding off until the entire build out is complete before buying anything else!

I have changed the furniture items up a bit seeing as how the actual space has to be framed out to support the roof!! Because we all know that I don't want a leaking roof by any means! or a caved in one for that matter either.

We have basically got a 300-450ft sq. space to work with, so I have to be creative in making room for everything. I love to organize, but this may get the best of me! (let's hope not)
 Me and Keith have had many discussions on how to proceed, and for the most part agree on everything.

View from Staircase leading up

I want a casual space, but inviting place to watch movies with friends and family, and also have a creative space for both Keith and I. We also want this space to function as a movie room, gaming area and possibly guest bedroom if needed. Here's what were looking at right now, and its being framed up as we speak!


View from left side Front View
View looking at TV wall

Front View

No comments: