Saturday, February 19, 2011

A few pieces here and there..

I know, I know..I have kind of been slacking on my art orders here lately. Well, I got back in the swing of things with two orders.
One order was for a key and and heart. This was going to be part of a Valentines present they were giving. "He holds the key to my Heart" were her words, and this is something she says to him often, so here are the  finished pieces. I came up with the idea to do a textured wood-grain background on these so that they wouldn't be a flat backdrop, so the canvas actually feels like wood-grain. And I do think it lends to the idea of being masculine, she didn't want them too feminine.

These pieces were $35 each.
The other was for a family member, for her little girls room. The Mom wanted something similar to what she had seen online, but really didn't want to spend that amount on art that was simply a photocopy that had been decoupaged onto a canvas(nothing against decoupage, it can just be improved upon).
Absolutely no personalizing, or any special details offered by that company, meant for an uninteresting piece of art. She wanted something personalized, that's where I come in!

I took these as the inspirations for the art, and this is what I created. I am such a perfectionist, is was hard to be as messy looking as the inspiration art...but I am partial, I like mine better! and it has embellishments on the canvas such as pearls, buttons, and rhinestones! Cant get that from a catalog and still have some moolah in the pocket!

Inspiration Image

My version 


 Some close ups on details

What do you think?

 




No comments: